With so many new software and hardware options being released every day, it’s sometimes difficult to know where to start when either integrating modern tools into your course activities or when you’re moving your course or materials online. It’s helpful to become familiar with the technologies and assess whether the software will meet the needs.
Consider the following:
- How will it support the assessment process? Does the technology do what you need it to do?
- Is it readily available for students? Will students have to purchase the technology, or is it free through the university or open web?
- Will it always be employable? No technology will stay the same or be around forever. When you use any technology in class, you must be willing to adapt.
- Will it be built in public? Is there a reason to contain materials and contributions behind closed doors?
- Ready to learn how to use it? You should also be comfortable with the technology you ask students to use.
Find out more about choosing the best technology.
Subscribe to the Teaching tip RSS feed at http://iteachu.uaf.edu/