I Know I Can volunteers
Volunteers are needed for the I Know I Can program in Fairbanks. The program is designed to help second-grader students learn about college and careers. Volunteers are needed to read a story about four animals deciding what they want to be when they grow up and talk to kids about careers and college. After reading, each student will receive a postcard and will draw a picture of themselves in their desired profession. At the end of the program, we will collect the postcards to mail back to students after two years. Each student will also receive a copy of the I Know I Can book.
Volunteers from a variety of professions are needed for the following dates and times:
- Nov. 12, 2-3:30 p.m. at North Pole Elementary
- Nov. 13, 9-10:30 a.m. at Hunter Elementary
- Nov. 14, 9-10:30 a.m. at Barnette Magnet School
- Nov. 19, 12:30-2 p.m. at Joy Elementary
- Nov. 20, 12-1:30 p.m. at Pearl Creek Elementary