Health advisory issued for the Fairbanks area
With record high temperatures forecast for the Fairbanks area, be on the lookout for signs of heat exposure, which may include: heavy sweating, headache, nausea, dizziness, weakness, thirst and irritability, among other symptoms.
Learn to beat the heat:
- Minimize your exposure to direct sun.
- Stay hydrated with water or non-alcoholic fluids.
- Eat light, cool, easy to digest meals, like salads and fruit.
- Wear loose fitting, light colored clothing.
- Check on the elderly, sick, or frail who may need help dealing with the heat.
- DO NOT leave children or pets alone in vehicles for ANY amount of time.
University community safety advisories are provided by the UAF Police Department via Nixle. To sign up to receive real-time emergency alerts, important advisories, community updates and traffic information via the web, e-mail or text to your cell phone visit http://local.nixle.com/register/.